WDDA DEALER OF THE YEAR AWARDS
The WDDA Dealer of the Year program, supported by Window + Door magazine, honors the outstanding work of independent window and door dealers. Through these prestigious awards, the alliance recognizes benchmarks of professionalism in our industry, offers new ideas that others can implement in their businesses, and highlights the continued development and evolution of companies in the window and door supply chain.
Excellence in Installation: For those demonstrating a commitment to getting the job done right each and every time.
Creative Marketing and Advertising: Awarding innovative and successful marketing campaigns or advertising programs.
Community Outreach: Recognizing companies that give back to the community through charitable outreach or workforce development programs.
Best Showroom Design: For dealers whose retail experience inspires customers as well as their peers.
Excellence in Customer Service: For those who make buyer satisfaction their top priority.
Technology Integration: Recognizing those that excel at utilizing technology in the field and online.
Education and Training: Awarding those that have effectively and efficiently employed in-house training for staff.
This program is designed to recognize dealers and/or distributors of windows and doors. Eligible companies must be involved in the sales, marketing, service, delivery and/or installation of windows, doors, skylights, sunrooms and/or other fenestration products. Companies that pre-hang doors from other manufacturers are eligible. Companies that manufacture their own product lines are only eligible if a substantial portion of their business involves sales of similar window and/or door products from another manufacturer.
Each submission will be judged on the following:
- Submission Overview
- Problem Identified
WDDA Dealers of the Year are chosen by a committee comprising WDDA staff, Window & Door magazine staff and WDDA Industry Advisors.
The selection process begins with a review of all submissions, and follow-up calls to the nominee companies as necessary. Winners are determined based on information provided, with the goal of not only recognizing clear leadership and excellence in a particular aspect of business, but also compelling stories.
In presenting our Dealers of the Year, we do not claim that our winners are the best. We say they are among the best. We present our recipients in order to provide benchmarks for professionalism in our industry, to offer new ideas that others can implement in their business, and to highlight the continued development and evolution of companies in the door and door supply chain.
Each company that is recognized as a Dealer of the Year will be awarded:
- Recognition on WDDAlliance.org and WindowandDoor.com, as well as in a press release;
- A profile in the September issue of Window & Door magazine;
- A complimentary membership to WDDA for one calendar year (read more about WDDA member benefits);
- Opportunity to participate in an exclusive dealer-only, networking group;
- A complimentary registration to attend Window & Door Dealer Day and the breakfast awards program;
- Additional staff registrations for Window & Door Dealer Day at the reduced rate of $200.
During the breakfast awards program at Window & Door Dealer Day, recipients will have the opportunity to accept their award on stage and make brief remarks about their winning submission. Recipients and other submitters may also be called upon to share their work with industry colleagues, including through magazine content, site visits, and alliance webinars.
Why should my company submit a project for a Dealer of the Year Award?
The awards program recognizes benchmarks of professionalism in our industry, offers new ideas that others can implement in their businesses, and highlights the continued development and evolution of companies in the window and door supply chain.
Can an organization submit more than one application?
We recommend submitting your best project for each category. You may submit more than one project per category, but you may not submit the same project in multiple categories.
Can I save my application and come back to work on it?
No. We recommend that you develop your responses in a Word document and copy and paste your information into the online application. For reference, the application questions are below. Applications must be completed in full and submitted no later than July 1.
- Please select the Dealer of the Year category for which you would like this submission to be considered.
- Please provide a brief overview of your submission.
- Why was the project or process implemented? What were the problems/challenges that you were looking to solve or gaps you were looking to fill?
- How was the initiative implemented or executed? What were the methodologies and the processes?
- How are leadership, staff, and/or the community engaged in this work?
- What have been the results/data or impact on your business?
- Please attached photos/relevant graphics that support your submission.
- Please explain attached photos/relevant graphics that support your submission.
How can we make sure that our submission is clear and concise?
Consider asking a strong writer who does not know your project to review the application for logic and flow. Space for answers is limited, so do not repeat content in multiple sections.
Read more about our 2019 Dealer of the Year recipients
Discover how WDDA can help you build a more profitable business